Conferences are awesome. They’re also BIG and can be overwhelming, especially with multiple tracks, loads of speakers, fab evening events and something going on at every minute. How do you make sure you get everything out of the conference? Follow our tips and you won’t have to worry: You’ll have your best conference yet!
1. Figure out what you want out of the conference. Why are you coming to Dallas? What do you want to get out of the experience? Think about your personal aims and goals for the weekend. Networking? Learning? Socializing? What’s your aim?
2. Read Everything. Read the Session Descriptions and Speaker Descriptions, the Agenda and the Special Events, the Community Leaders and Niches and the Partners. It sounds so simple, but it’s surprising how many people spend lots of money to come to a conference and then don’t take the time to see what’s on the offer. Think about what you really want and where you fit in, and read the descriptions and note the sessions, speakers and partners you don’t want to miss.
3. Follow the pre-conference buzz. Check out the Twitter stream, the Facebook page (and remember we have a page for newcomers only too!) and find out what people are talking about, who’s going to be there, and who you really want to connect with on site. Make goals of who you want to meet and who you want to catch up with.
4. And then, after you’ve spent all this time planning, write it down! Use a Conference Planning Worksheet. Sitting down and planning out exactly what you want to get out of a conference and how you will do that will ensure you’re attending with purpose throughout the weekend. We have a Sample Worksheet posted here – get the most out of this conference – download and use it!
5. Finally, at the conference: Take care of yourself. It’s a lot of learning, socializing, laughing and late nights. Make sure you stay hydrated and take a break whenever you need it to catch your breath and organize your thoughts.